Monday, November 19, 2007

Kina Help Ya?

Noah "I can see my head!"


We all got a haircut over the weekend at one of the cheaper salons, my Am. Samoa version of 'Just Cuts', no appointment needed walk in and take a seat. It's located next to a photoshop called Brenda's and a laundromat, so I just call it Brenda's, but coming to think of it I think it's really called Vogue.

It's prices are charged at $8 for adults and $6 for children under 5ft, yes that's a measurement for height not age. Unfortunately if you are a child over 5ft then you are charged the adult price, not hard for some Samoan kids who are easily that at age 8.

The last time I visited the floors were swept clean but unfortunately on this visit, they were quite busy and just let the hair gather on the floor. Now maybe in Palagi land you might get a few wisps of hair, but this was thick black hair and it was everywhere in big piles it was hard to avoid stepping on it. That kind of really put me off...visiting on a Saturday (what can I say I'm cheap!).

Anyway, the last time I visited the salon the Asian lady (Chinese or Korean) says to me as she's cutting my hair, "You need colour?". Well, I thought good on her doing the cross-sell/up-sell customer service thing. So I asked "Oh do you do colour?" To which she replied quite abruptly "No." Yes, I'm quite grey and not doing a lot to hide it.

Thanksgiving weekend is coming up and we have a 3 day week day, woo hoo!

No comments: