Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm Counting the Beat 2, 3, 4, 5...

We acquired a set of drums from the Murphys and it's been a lot of fun tinkering about on it, pretending you can do drum solos even though it sounds terrrribbble.

Talia, realising her dad's limited drumming abilities asked if she could get lessons. Getting lessons is not as simple as going to the Yellow Pages and giving the local drum school a call. No such thing here because Samoan's don't need drum lessons, it's all in the blood (the rhythms gonna getcha)! Except for mine, I must've had a blood transfusion at birth because I can't dance and I can't keep a steady beat.

Anyway, long story short. Jason has a friend who has kindly agreed to help give Talia an introduction of sorts, into drumming. This is her practising four days on since her first lesson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Completely awesome! Go Talia!!! You rock!

Poli said...

Cool stuff. Karen carpenter was an awesome drummer - not a great eater - but an awesome drummer