Back to School

Noah needed a bit of coercing but eventually he was back into the swing of things. He’s working on his button frame (undoing buttons and doing up buttons), his teacher was please to report he had made some progress in undoing the buttons rather than trying to pull the buttons apart from the hole. He enjoys building towers and knocking them over (what little kid doesn’t) but his teacher is trying to get him to take the blocks off one by one (good luck to her).
Talia was all go for school - she was keen to see her friends and get back to ‘not getting her name on the board’. Jason and I tried to tell her that one day she may get her name on the board for some reason or another and she shouldn’t get upset if that happens, she didn’t listen. (Maybe we should install a board at home). We went to the Dr’s again for Talia, Her teacher noticed one of her eyes was swollen after her nap time and Talia was crying and rubbing it, she asked if Talia had fallen over and Talia said no, so she thought it may have been an insect bite. I took her to the doctor - she told the doctor she was just rubbing it and it was itchy. The doctor looked at it and said it was an allergic reaction to something he wasn’t sure what. Finally that night in our ‘what 3 things did you do today?’ talk she came clean, she had fallen over and hit the ground and got dirt in her eye. Ayyeee… at least now I know she is allergic to dirt.
Halloween is celebrated here, so her class are dressing up and having a party on Tuesday. Talia tells me yesterday she’d like to be a butterfly, I haven’t seen one of those costumes in the shop and am not confident in my sewing abilities to make one of those (and without a pattern!). I have convinced her she’d make a wonderful Super girl; fortunately I know a shop that sells that costume.
The weather was pretty rotten this past week - lots of rain and thunderstorms. The rain can be just like a scene out of ‘Lost’, out of the blue a downpour and then it stops just as quickly as it had started. When it rains great lakes form due to the poor drainage, outside the Mormon Church there was Lake Utah. Also all the fill that was in the pot holes washes away, I would love to get some shares in the company that supplies the metal and grit as they have a constant job filling up the pot holes.
2 comments:
Is that Noah or mini-Jason?
I admit that's not a great photo of Noah, but mini-Jason? He's way cuter than his Dad.
Post a Comment