Sunday, October 22, 2006

Tattoo's and Hospital Visits





Talia had a week off school for the first quarter break. We went to the Tattoo fest here on the island and saw a guy getting a traditional tatau; a few others were getting tattoos with the ink gun. Great designs - but they looked like they were in a lot pain, especially the guy getting the traditional tatau.
The kids have had a cough that seemed to be deteriorating so we went to go to the doctors to check it out. To go to the doctors you need to go to the hospital, Lyndon B Johnson Tropical Hospital. Monday mornings are usually a busy time at any GP and here is no exception, it took us 3 and a half hours to register, see the doctor and then get our prescription. During that visit I was questioned about my intentions to register the children at the hospital - the gruff woman interviewing me pointed to a notice about fraud. I don't know where she was angling at, I simply just wanted to see a doctor. Finally we paid our money and went to the wait room for the paediatric clinic which had a queue that spilled outside with very sick children (more sick looking than mine). When we finally saw the doctor he was wearing an aubergine safari suit and playing solitaire on his computer - no wonder the queue (playing solitaire that is not the aubergine safari suit)! The consult was very brief; Talia had a wheeze and got Ventolin. Noah, who I was most worried about - because he had a fever and a worrying cough - he had his chest listened to but the doctor was more concerned about the bruises on his shins. He asked about them and said it looks like I beat him (great, I’m a child beater and a fraudster) or it could be a blood disease and then he went to look at his back and there was a big mark on his back from when he fell at preschool (honest you can ask my Mum) which didn’t help my cause, anyway we left with our antibiotics and Ventolin.

Our shipment arrived all 61 boxes we were happy to see our stuff, and none of it broken.

No comments: