Racey - not the 70's rock band


The island is a truly interesting place. The maximum speed limit, on the open road, is 25 miles per hour; some villages have a maximum speed limit of 5 miles per hour. Do not be deceived though this place is very racy...and this becomes aparent whilst cruising down the road averaging 17.
Most countries have public safety announcements on road side billboards; "Buckle Up", "Speeding Kills", "if you drink and drive, your'e a bloody idiot". In American Samoa there are pubic safety announcements all over the place. I have attached some pictures as examples.
Yes it seems everybodies doing it...everyone but me. Now isn't that ironic. Sex is so prevelant amongst the islanders that they have to put up signs to tell them to slow it up a bit. Man, I must be married to the only islander that is an avid reader, and follower, of pubic safety announcements. I want to be an avid follower of James Brown and "get on the bus". Well my bus is all "its too hot" or "your'e too sweaty".
Sundays are strange on the island. The whole island becomes a ghost town. There is seriously no one to be seen on the island. The roads are empty, no one playing in the parks, not a singles player on the tennis court. jane says it is because Sunday is a time of rest and for spending time with families so they are all indoors. They are indoors all right...indoors doing it. Thats why they have to put up the messages, fool.
Kids are fine and getting quite brown. Jane is getting black. The kids tell me I am getting pink!
2 comments:
Biff I believe the children are our future...
Ummm. I'm pretty sure my wife must adhere to the signs as well. I knew I should have married an uneducated, illiterate woman.
Post a Comment