Goodbye 2007
Memorable moments of the past year...
Getting a Car: After 6 months of catching buses and taxis I finally got a car. The kids and I went riding in the aiga bus the other day, for old time sake and to kill some time while the car was being serviced. Noah had great fun leaning out over the perspex windows and catching a breeze, we rode into Pago Pago for the huge sum of $1. When we picked up the car and the bill (cha-ching) it made me appreciate the humble aiga bus.
Moving Friends: A lot of friends moved off island this past year, it was sad, but such is the nature of this little community. We miss you all!
Getting a Job: Wow, what a challenge this has been. There have been moments where I have thought 'what the...am I doing?' and there are moments where I think I'm doing okay. The kids are all great, they make me want to laugh so many times and pull my hair out too! But on the whole I'm enjoying it.
Noah starting School: Noah really enjoys going to Pacific Horizons School with his sister. He will often wander to his own classroom from mine in the morning, or wait outside on the bench with the middle school kids, or bother Mr Snyder with some inane observation of his classroom. He hasn't been there long but, everyone seems to know Noah.
A Husband on the rocks: Shaken but not stirred. No more rock jumping for Jason.


No comments:
Post a Comment